Sunday 23 November 2008

Pure Acoustica

Ok, what is Pure Acoustica?

Simply it's a collection of artists, musicians, poets, comedians etc. who perform without the use of mics, amps or a PA. 

I have played a couple of pure acoustic gigs recently and they have been some of my favourite.  The freedom and control is  a powerful feeling.  There is no worry that the sound engineer will get the balance wrong, and the audience response is amazing.  They don't have to shout over a loud PA and they actually pay attention to what you are doing. 

You can read about these gigs here and here and you'll see what I mean. 

Initially, I am going to concentrate on gathering together musicians, songwriters and singers, as that is my main area of experience.  But I will be expanding as I go on. 

All I'm asking is that you give me a commitment that you are willing to perform totally acoustic in the near future.  

There is just one other thing you will need, and that is a www.reverbnation.com profile.  I'll be using reverbnation to organise everything.  I have been on it for a while and it's just the best and it's totally free. 

So what do you need to do?  Simply get a reverbnation profile and email me your details either at www.reverbnation.com/label/pureacoustica  or  pureacoustica@gmail.com  and I will be in touch. 

I've also got a profile at www.myspace.com/pureacoustica to try and generate more interest.  There will be a website in the future when I get around to it, I've had the domain name for over a year! 

Pure Acoustica will be hosting events in and around the Southampton area to start with, so bear that in mind before committing. 

I have many other ideas in the pipeline, but I will let you know those at a later date. 

Please use the comments section below to ask any questions, so that others can see. 



4 comments:

Nick Tann said...

If you have any questions, ask them here

Nick Tann said...

I'm about to approach The Nero Coffee shop in Winchester. It's a great space and I've been thinking about it as a venue for ages.
I will also be talking to the folks at The Dolphin at St Denys.

Nick Tann said...

Botnov, Emmy lee and I will be playing totaly acoustic at the The Havana bar on Wednesday.
If you're curious as to how Pure Acoustica will work, this could be the time to find out.

Nick Tann said...

The website is now LIVE!
www.pureacoustica.com It's the entry point for enquiries from the general pubic. Any comments?